Thursday, January 25, 2007

Week 3, #7, blog posting about anything technology related

The internet community is wonderful for friends and family that are far apart. Before there was email, I lost track of friends I cared about, because I was so bad about writing, and I hardly ever got to hear from my sister, who lives in England, because phone calls were so expensive. Now I not only can hop online whenever I feel like it, and toss off a note to her, but she and her children keep the American cousins up to date on what they're up to by sending us links to photos. I'm also a member of a group on Yahoo that consists of my brother and sister and myself and all three of our half-sisters, plus spouses, so that all six of us can keep each other up to date. Oh, and I can see what my English nephews are up to musically by logging on to MySpace. Look for FantasticMrFox, PaperTiger, and PeterandtheWolf, to find out for yourself, though be aware that there is more than one Fantastic Mr. Fox, and more that one Peter and the Wolf. My Fantastic Mr. Fox is Stephen Gomberg, and Paper Tiger and Peter and the Wolf are both Peter Gomberg. Another route would be through OrigamiMusic, the musicl label they share with their friends.

Does this count as talking about technology? If not, how's this: I REALLY want a digital camera, so that I can take photos and download them for my friends and family to see.

No comments: