Saturday, February 10, 2007

Week 5, #11, Web 2.0 awards list

I was checking various sites that are in the list of Web 2.0 Awards,and a lot of them are not sites I would normally bother to look at, but Coverpop.com is pretty cool, because it presents you with a mosaic of YouTube images, and then as your cursor moves over the pictures whichever image the cursor is pointing at pops up, and you can view that video. I also like Stumbleupon.com, which is like del.icio.us, but according to the awards is easier for the beginner (sorry, I haven't explored it enough to comment on specifics yet). Etsy, which touts itself as "buy & sell all things handmade" is a site of interest for me. Not only do I appreciate handmade items, but I handmake items myself, so I may look into using that site to list my items, once I get my business license, and get an okay from the city to have a business on the side. The best site of all, though, for me is HipCal, because I think it will really help with coordinating my schedule with my husband's schedule. My husband spends a lot of his time on the computer, and is increasingly depending on the computer for keeping track of things. We keep a calendar on the kitchen wall, and we keep an address book in paper form, but he doesn't even bother with the paper address book anymore, and he complains that it's hard to use the calendar in the kitchen when it's downstairs and he's upstairs (where the computer is) so much of the time. I think he's going to love HipCal. I can also see how it would be helpful for a branch to put all the scheduling on HipCal, so that part time staff could check their schedules easily from home or school (or wherever).

No comments: