Thursday, March 8, 2007

#17 (Week 7)

Now I have visited SJLibraryLearning 2.0 Favorites wiki, I have added my blog to Favorite Blogs, and I have also added to Favorite Vacation Spots and Favorite TV Shows (I'm the geeky TV viewer, and the camp, camp, camp person). I was tempted to relate bear stories about trips to Yosemite and Lake Tahoe, but I figure that page is to encourage people to visit these spots, not be afraid of them. Of course I did mention the couger incident at Prarie Creek Campground, which is part of the Coast Redwoods State and National Parks. I've never seen a cougar or a bear there, and one year we went there purposefully to see bears (my husband, that is - I went to see rhododendrons in bloom. Turned out spring was late that year), only birds, elk, a fox, etc..

I can see that wikis can be useful in sharing information with coworkers in a more permanent way than sending emails. Emails get deleted or lost in the mass of emails we all receive each day, whereas wikis stay right where they can be found easily, and are easily updated to add more data as needed.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

I agree - it is so much easier to keep track of information that is on one page than to follow the trail of endless emails!