Tuesday, March 20, 2007

#21 (Week 9)

I went to Yahoo, and tried to listen to several NPR podcasts, including NPR: All Songs Considered, NPR: Story of the Day, and Science Friday, because I can't listen to NPR while I'm at work, usually. Unfortunately, every time I tried to access a podcast, I got an error window with the following message: "The audio codec identified by the format tag 55 is required to play this file> To determine if this codec is available to download from the web, click Web Help. Click the Play button to try to reconnect to this stream". Unfortunately, every time I closed that window and tried to click the Play button the chosen podcast would change and the error message window would open up again.

I've been wanting to try streaming audio and podcasts for some time now, but at home we still have a dial-up modem, which can be very frustrating.

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Shoot - I'm sorry you had trouble with these podcasts. I had some problems on my work computer too, but was able to listen to the NPR ones. Did you try going through the NPR podcast directory instead?