Thursday, March 8, 2007

As seen at the SFPL

I took Tuesday off from work to take advantage of Target Tuesday (free entry the 1st Tuesday of every month) at the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco, and after my husband and I had reached sensory overload at the museum (must...go...back), we stopped next door at the main SF Library to say hi to a friend who is a librarian there. While we were visiting with him, he handed me a few copies of a handout that staff there give to patrons using the library. It's just a small, bright yellow piece of paper that says the same thing on both sides: "Cell Phone Users, As a courtesy to others move to the elevator lobby when using your phone, maintain a low voice and turn off audible ringers while in the library. Thanks for your cooperation". I showed it around to staff here at Alviso, and it was pretty much agreed that we would love to be able to hand out something like that here, but we suspect it would not be considered a part of the "San Jose Way".

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Hmmm... I think it could work; it is about improving the experience for all customers, right? I can't stand it that some libraries still ban cell phones! I think what they really want to ban is the annoying behavior that sometimes goes with them - ringtones, shouting, etc.