Saturday, March 10, 2007

Thing 19 (Week 8)

I really like LibraryThing! In looking at what tags other people used to describe the books in my LibraryThing catalog, I also found suggestions of other books I might like, given what I am listing, and I noticed that several of the suggested books are already on my mental list of "books I might like to read". Some of the titles in my catalog where recommended to me by friends, and one I discovered in a publication put out by "Independent Book Stores". LibraryThing is clearly a great way to augment my other sources for learning about books I might like.

Obviously libraries could apply this feature of LibraryThing to make use of it as a Reader's Advisory.
http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=InquiringMind
(I was having trouble linking my LibraryThing catalog - when I had the bracketing around it, it wouldn't show up in my blog)

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

I love LibraryThing too - it is such a fun thing to play around with. I'm not sure what went wrong with your link - try to get some help from a co-worker if you want.

Good work on your L2.0 progress - you are doing great!